Friday, February 10, 2012

BOOK LINKY PARTY

Thank you Stacey @ 3rd Grade Times for inviting to her Book Linky Party.  I have so many favorite books!  The book that really turned me into a book lover is the Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder.  When I was in elementary school, this book was made into a t.v. series.  People told me all the time that I looked just like the actress who played Laura.  I grew up on a farm like Laura so because of the personal connection, I fell in love with the series.  The funny thing is Stacey has a post about this past Tuesday being Laura's birthday.  Good minds think alike!




My absolute favorite read aloud book that I read every year is The True Story of the Three Little Pigs.  It is such a great book on so many different levels.  Children who have siblings can relate to the wolf.  They've had experiences where they feel misunderstood by their parents when their little brother or sister tattled on them.  It's a great example when teaching voice during a writing lesson.  Plus, it's just an all around fun book to read aloud!



No comments:

Post a Comment