Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blog Award!


I got this Blog On Fire Award from the lovely Christianna at The Girl With The Blue Bow. According to the rules, I'm supposed to share seven smoldering secrets about myself. Hmmmm... I don't really have secrets, so here come some slightly embarassing random facts.

1. I was a band geek. I played clarinet from 5th grade through 12th. I wasn't great, but I didn't try that hard. It was mostly for socialization and band trips with cute boys. Not all band geeks are ugly! My boyfriend was in for a while too so that made the trips more fun. The day after I graduated high school I sold my clarinet. I was over it, but I do have a great appreciation for music because of it.

2. I’m a 32 year old mom and I still love the CW. My favorite is 90210, but I also watch Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and Hart of Dixie. I also plan to start watching The Vampire Diaries from the beginning.

3. While I was dating a co-worker another co-worker announced she was pregnant with his baby. I had no idea they had once been in a relationship. It probably shouldn’t have surprised me because we kept our "relationship" a secret too. So freaking awkward.

4. I got a bloody nose in the nose bleed section at Petco Park during a Padres game about five years ago. It lasted for-ev-er and people next to me were offering their napkins. So embarrassing.

5. In high school, my friends and I would go see our boyfriends’ garage bands play little local shows and take energy pills called Mini Thins. They speed up your heart rate but make you feel relaxed and numb at the same time and your skin and scalp get super sensitive so when anyone touches you, it tingles. So stupid, I know. Those were the only “drugs” I did in high school and I did it less than five times.

6. My great grandma’s parents migrated to the U.S. from Transylvania when she was a kid. I guess that would make me part vampire, right?

7. And yes, I am extremely pale. I don't tan (on accident or on purpose) and I wear sunscreen every single day, even in January. The freckles on my face have faded, but they are still prominent on my shoulders, back and arms. In the beginning of 7th grade some stupid boy made fun of them and I wore long sleeve shirts for the rest of the year. Even in May and June. I don’t know how I got over it, but the long sleeve phase only lasted that year.


And now to pass it on to five blogs I love. These ladies are on fire!

Awkwardly, Lacey

Poodleism

This Lil Heart Of Mine

I'm Not Together But I'm Getting There

Fourth Grade Nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment