Monday, March 7, 2011

Music Monday - The Parent Trap


The Parent Trap is one of my favorite movies. Before we bought movies on VHS, we recorded them from the TV when we were little. I made my brother and sister watch this one over and over with me, fast forwarding through the commercials. We never got tired of it and I still love it to this day (I have it on DVD now). I'm still amazed at how perfectly Hayley Mills played both parts and the special effects were pretty great for a film from 1961. I always thought Maureen O’Hara was so beautiful and I couldn't believe how much I hated Joanna Barnes’s character, Vicky. I also really loved the intro graphics and main title song.

Annette Funicello and Tommy Sands - The Parent Trap

If they lose that zing and they just won’t swing
Then the problem falls in your lap
When your folks are square then you must prepare
(What are you gonna prepare?)
The parent trap!


But this song was one of my favorite parts of the movie.
 
Hayley Mills - Let's Get Together

Let's get together, yeah yeah yeah
Two is twice as nice as one
Let's get together right away
We'll be having twice the fun
And you can always count on me
A gruesome twosome we will be
Let's get together, yeah yeah yeah!


If you have never seen this movie, get on it! It's a classic and little Lindsay Lohan didn't do it justice in the remake.

No comments:

Post a Comment