Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cheers & Jeers


When I was growing up, my dad subscribed to the TV Guide. This was way before Digital Cable and On Demand, so if you didn’t want to look in the newspaper every day, the TV Guide was the only way to see what time your favorite shows would be on. I loved it because it was a mini entertainment magazine. One of my favorite parts was the “Cheers and Jeers” section, so I thought I’d share my cheers and jeers of the past week in pop culture.

Cheers to Britney Spears! She released her album title (Femme Fetale) and artwork. I like it. It’s very Britney, typical of most of her album covers, but she looks great and I’m so excited for new music!


She’s also been releasing teaser trailers here that lead up to the premier of her music video for Hold It Against Me. She looks beautiful! I can’t wait to see it.

Cheers to Jake Gyllenhaal and Carey Mulligan! They attended the same play in NYC and then went to the same concert in Nashville last weekend. It’s been reported that they are just friends, but if it’s something more, I’m totally on board. I like them together. Kind of a slap in the face hanging out with her on Taylor’s turf though, isn’t it?


Cheers to the Glee! The Super Bowl episode was just plain fun. I’ve been watching Glee for a while now, but just recently started to love it. The song choices are better and there are less story lines about Rachel, so I’m liking it a lot more.


And I loved their Super Bowl ad. So pretty! Chord Overstreet looks goooood.


Cheers to "Man Week" at Handbags & Handguns! If you didn’t already, go back and read the posts on Justin, Ian, Ed, Jay and Cam. Good stuff.

Cheers to me! I recently bought tickets for two concerts in July: NKOTBSB and Katy Perry. They should be fun, pop extravaganzas and I can’t wait to see them. Too bad I have to wait five months.



Cheers to SNL! Russell Brand will be hosting this weekend. I’m not too thrilled with Chris Brown as the musical guest, but I can look past that for my favorite British funny man.


- - - - -

Jeers to Bravo. They moved the season four premiere of The Real Housewives of New York City to May. I’m bummed! Miami is starting in it’s place, but I won’t be watching. The only two casts I enjoy are NYC and New Jersey.


Jeers to Charlie Sheen. I was never impressed by him. I think his show is one of the worst on television. But his behavior is out of control and frankly, I’m sick of hearing about his path of self destruction. He needs help in a major way. Take a look at his teeth. Don’t do drugs, kids!



Jeers to Halle and Gabriel. Their custody battle has turned really, really ugly. They need to keep their mouths shut and deal with their issues privately. It’s making them both look bad and that poor daughter of theirs is going to be able to read all the crap very soon.



Jeers to Egypt. I haven’t been following the story as closely as I’d like to (I just had a baby!) but I do know that anyone beating up on my boyfriend, Anderson, deserves jeers in my book.



Jeers to Kim Kardashian. She had a meltdown after seeing nude pictures in W Magazine that she posed for...IN THE NUDE. She claims they were going to cover body parts with graphics but in the end didn’t do it and didn't tell her. I think she needs to stop whining. Her ass is what made her famous to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment