Friday, February 25, 2011

I’ve Never...

Are you familiar with the drinking game called, “I’ve never?” You sit in a circle with your friends and take turns revealing something you’ve never done. Everyone playing has to drink if they have. For example, someone might say, “I’ve never had sex in a car,” and all those that have had sex in a car would take a drink. It was a regular game of ours during my college years and we were always surprised to find out interesting things about each other. If I were to play this game right now with the most popular things around, I’d be stone cold sober while everyone around me got wasted in no time. Here are some things I can say I’ve never done.

I've never read The Hunger Games Trilogy. I checked out the first book from the library, read about thirty pages and gave up. I just couldn’t get into it. I didn't read the Twilight books until I saw the first movie, so maybe the movie will get me more interested. 


I've never seen Avatar. I have to be the last person on Earth left to see this movie. It just didn’t look that cool to me. I’m not interested in sci-fi or fantasy at all. That’s mostly why I couldn’t get into The Hunger Games. (I make exceptions for Harry Potter and Twilight though). I know the visual effects are supposed to be so amazing, but that wasn’t enough of a draw for me. Even my mom told me I was crazy for not seeing it.


I've never become a fan of Nicki Minaj. I just don’t get it. She seems like a poor man’s/new version Lil’ Kim. Not that I’m a huge fan of Lil’ Kim or anything. I’m just not that impressed with Nicki/Barbie/Roman/Martha/Rosa. And after watching a little of her MTV special and a few interviews, I feel like she’s kind of a bitch. I have to admit, she was funny in the SNL Digital Short "The Creep" though.


I've never watched a football game on TV. I’ve caught a few minutes here and there or changed the channel real quick to see the score, but I’ve never sat through a game, not even the Super Bowl. I like football and get really into the game when I’m actually there. Unfortunately, I’ve only been to one Seahawks game. Tickets are hard to get and very expensive. But I go to at least one UW Husky game every year. I love it, but it’s so boring to watch on TV.


I've never finished a cup of coffee. It’s absolutely absurd that I live in the Pacific Northwest and don’t drink coffee. Starbucks/Seattle’s Best and Tully’s are all around me. I just don’t like it. I’ve sipped on coffee a few times in my life. Well, it might have been more creamer or flavor than actual coffee. But I’ve never actually finished an entire cup. Probably not even half a cup.


I've never seen Toy Story 3. I know, I know, I really need to. I’ve been meaning to. I Netflixed it when it first came out on DVD. My son is two and loves Woody. Well, really, he loves the garbage truck he got for Christmas that came with a Woody. We tried watching it one day and he wasn’t interested in it at all. It sat around here for about a month so I mailed it back and forgot to put it back in my queue. It’s there now, but it’s kind of far down the list. I really need to move it up!


So, how drunk would you be right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment