Monday, February 21, 2011

Music Monday - The Cave


I fell in love with this Mumford & Sons song over a year ago. It was on an episode of Skins (the British version, not the crappy MTV version) and I immediately downloaded it after hearing just a snippet. Take a listen at the two minute mark. Or watch the whole clip and get addicted to the show, like me!


I totally forgot about the song until I read that Jake Gyllenhaal and Carey Mulligan were in Nashville a few weeks ago, seeing the band live at a house party.

Then I randomly saw the video last week. Did you know that MTV actually plays videos in the early morning hours? I didn’t. The only reason I found out is because I was up breastfeeding and when I turned on the TV, it was on MTV and the video was playing. I was shocked that it wasn't a 16 And Pregnant or Teen Mom marathon. That seems to be the only thing on MTV these days.

Mumford & Sons - The Cave

Cause I have other things to fill my time
You take what is yours and I'll take mine
Now let me at the truth
Which will refresh my broken mind

But I will hold on hope
And I won't let you choke
On the noose around your neck
And I'll find strength in pain
And I will change my ways
I'll know my name as it's called again


Of course, they played the Grammys. It was one of my favorite performances of the night!

(I don't know why the video is mirrored)

Plus, Marcus Mumford is cute and reminds me of my husband if he gained a lot of weight. Love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment