Sunday, June 20, 2010

mellow yellow monday:dinner for 4






http://mellowyellowmonday.blogspot.com/

It's been four years since I did any cooking for charity.
In Singapore, for sixteen years, my friends and I (a group of faculty wives and husbands) raised funds for the Deaf Children in Kenya. The school is Oyugi School for the Deaf in Kenya.
www.deafmin.org
japan.deafmin.org/about.shtml
When my Church MABC got involved with working at the local school makeover, Mt Albert primary School, there was a call for donation of gift, cash and time. I offered a 3 course Malaysian dinner for 4.

I was pleasantly surprised that the bid went up to $120. So I decided to throw in a dessert as well.

I forgot to say that I packed up the food and delivered to my friend's house.

Here's what I cooked:
Saffron rice with raisins and almond flakes.
Malaysian curry chicken with coconut milk, potatoes and tomatoes.
Individually sauteed veges
Jelly lime and mandarin cake.
S. and S. enjoyed their dinner with friends.
Thank you for your generousity.

No comments:

Post a Comment