Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Fives


Just Me and My Life

What are your five most favorite songs ever?

Really? Just five? Ok, what I'm going to do is pick my five favorite artists and my favorite song from them. These probably aren't my favorite songs of all time, but I could be sitting her for days trying to come up with that list.

1. Britney Spears - Unusual You
I love all of Britney's songs, especially the fast paced pop dance songs. I mean, that's basically the reason I love Britney to being with. Her music is so fun and no one can do it better. But I really love this slower song on her last album. It's so pretty.

Nothing about you is typical, nothing about you is predictable
You got me all twisted and confused, it's all new



2. Gwen Stefani - The Real Thing
I really liked Gwen's two solo albums. Some songs on there were not the best, but they were all fun and catchy and I'm pretty sure that's all she was going for. This is a song about knowing someone so well and still being so in love. Awe...

I've seen your face a thousand times, have all your stories memorized
I've kissed your lips a million ways, but I still love to have you around



3. Lily Allen - Chinese
It's such a beautiful song. I adore her and her voice and all of her music is mellow and pretty. The song is about when she's away from home, on the road and she comes home to hang out with her mom. So cute!

I don't want anything more than to see your face when you open the door
You'll make me beans on toast and a nice cup of tea then we'll in Chinese and watch TV



4. Lady GaGa - Paparazzi
I know some will say Lady GaGa is still too new to be a favorite artist, but I haven’t instantly liked a singer as much as I like her, so I can safely say, she’s a favorite of mine. And this is the song I loved most from the very beginning. The video is pretty amazing too. (I’ve actually loved all of her crazy videos, except for her latest, “Alejandro.” I think she just went too far).

I'm your biggest fan, I'll follow you until you love me, papa-paparazzi
Baby there's no other superstar, you know that I'll be your papa-paparazzi



5. No Doubt - Simple Kind of Life
No Doubt is my favorite band of all time. Gwen is such a great writer and I feel like I can relate to almost every song they’ve made. I think many other girls feel the same way and that’s what makes them so amazing. This song is one of my favorites because when it came out, it was like my anthem. It described everything I was thinking and feeling, you know, at the ripe old age of 20. Although that boy and I are long gone and it was all for the best, I still love the song and remember all the good (and not so good) times. And the video is really pretty!

And all I wanted was the simple things, a simple kind of life
And all I needed was a simple man, so I could be a wife

No comments:

Post a Comment