Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Save on printers ink

Those of you who are members of the "frequent buyer program" of Teachers Pay Teachers website are probably like me, looking for ways to save on printers ink.  Every time I visit a store I check their ink cartridge prices.  Even if I don't need one yet, if they are on sale I will pick one up because I will need it in the very near future.  Office Depot has a recycling program.  If you join their Worklife Rewards program you can get $2 per used ink cartridge that you turn in.  There are some guidelines, but I've had good luck with this program.  Here's a link:  HOME DEPOT 
When it comes time to the actual printing of a document from TPT, you will use less ink if you set your printer on plain paper, fast draft.  Here's a screen shot of what it looks like on my computer.  My computer is a MAC and my printer is a HP so yours might look a little different but it should look similar to this.





If you have something that you want to print, but you don't need to print the entire page, all you have to do is highlight what is needed.  How many times have you gotten a new student in the middle of the year and when you dig through your closet for all the supplies for your newbie you can't find your stuff.  UGH! I've been there done that too many times to count! Now you have to make new stuff.  All those beautiful labels that you made last summer you have to make again.  You don't really want to waste an entire page of labels. You know that in the summer you'll get some new epiphany and want to design a new type of labels.  So, what's a teacher to do?  You go to the original file you made last summer, highlight what you need and click print.  







I hope these tips help save you a little ink and put some jingle in your pocket!  If you have any tips to pass along, leave a comment and I'll add it to this post.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment