Friday, September 16, 2011

Missoni Madness

I totally forgot that Missoni was coming to Target on Tuesday. I knew it was coming. I knew it was coming on a Tuesday. I don’t know why I didn’t put two and two together when I was trying to shop on target.com for something other than Missoni and the site was down for hours. Tuesday evening, after sitting around the house all day, doing absolutely nothing, I realized that it was THE DAY. But I was at a concert with friends and Target would be closed before we got out. Bummer.

Online the next morning, I saw the same thing over and over: out of stock. I had to go to Target anyway for diapers and cereal, so I thought I’d see what was left in our store. Um, not much.

(Nolan refused to get out of the picture)

I get it. It's pretty adorable.




But I had my eye on accessories and home stuff.



 

 

All I came home with was a clutch (same design I wanted, but not the right color), bobby pins and a girl’s scarf.


Our store didn’t even get home items. There was some bedding and stationery, but absolutely no décor. My sister went to a different store and picked up the above vase and a framed zigzag tile for me. Thank God I don’t have a little girl. Baby and girl clothes were still in stock. I would have gone nuts.


So yeah, I'm kinda bummed that I didn't get what I wanted and that the site crashed and everything sold out in a day, but you know what pisses me off the most? People that ran to the store, loaded up on anything and everything Missoni and put it on eBay the second they got home. I have to admit, I looked for the iPhone case, boots and a tie for Jacob, but I’m just not doing it for up to three times the original price. Zooey Deschanel said on Twitter, "should probably be called Missoni for Target for eBay”. Target is saying that stores will get periodic shipments of the merchandise through Oct. 22, so I've got my fingers crossed that I'll see something I like. I won't be making special trips or going to multiple stores though. 

I'm linking up with Blonde Episodes for Fashion Friday!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment