Thursday, March 1, 2012

Project 52 Update

It's the first of the month, so it's time for my Project 52 update!


COMPLETED

20. Take Nolan to his first hockey game. Nolan wasn’t interested with the game at all, but he had a good time and said he wants to go again. It was an intense game with lots of violence. I put him on my lap facing the crowd during the fights and he got distracted by the crowd and their cowbells. The entire way home he talked about how he wants to be a Zamboni driver when he grows up. Fail! He’s only three so we’ll keep working on him.


26. Go ice skating. A few days after the hockey game, we tried ice skating. He loved it, though he didn't have to do much of the work. He basically stood there while Jacob pushed him around the rink. I think we're going to practice with roller skates at home before we try again, but we definitely want to keep going.


35. Watch five Elvis movies before my trip to Graceland. I watched eight! Check out this post for my review.

36. Play in the snow with the kids. Again. It snowed Tuesday night. Since we weren’t sure how long it was going to stick around, we bundled up the boys and let them play past their bedtime.


 42. Take a child CPR class with Jacob. We took the class at our local fire station. I used to teach Kindergarten so I had to be CPR certified, but that was over ten years ago and so much has changed since then! If you haven't learned about CPR recently, I suggest a refresher course. Our firefighters are awesome and funny and it was a night well spent.



IN PROGRESS

2. Go on one date each month. Disneyland counts as a date, right? We had meals, we had a hotel, and we had tons and tons of child-less fun. That sounds like a date (or two, or three) to me!


3. Try five new restaurants. I tried three this month! We ate at The Bengal Barbecue in Adventureland at Disneyland. We were looking for something a little healthier than pizza or burgers, so we tried chicken, beef and vegetable skewers. I really loved the Bengal Beef Skewer in sweet zulu sauce and will definitely get it again on our next visit.


When we're hungry for a burger, we always go to our favorite place. I finally gave in and decided to try Five Guys. It was pretty good, especially the fries, but I'm ok not going back.


We also tried a little place called Boston's Deli & Pizza. Jacob and I split a calzone. I don't know what I was expecting, but a glob of feta cheese wasn't it. I wasn't a big fan of their pepperoni pizza either.


10. Read 24 books. I only read one book this month. ONE! And I'm still not done, so I don't even think it counts. I'm reading Stephen King’s 11/22/63. The beginning was so boring and it took me a long time to get into it. Plus it's 850 pages! I have 48 pages left. I will finish tonight. I will finish tonight. I will finish tonight.


18. Try one new recipe a month. My sister recommended this beef with snow peas stir fry recipe from The Pioneer Woman.  I didn't think it was good at all, but I don't really like any type of Asian food. My husband didn't mind it.


37. Have a weekly family dance party. We have been doing awesome with this one. I loaded up my old iPod with fun tunes and almost every day after dinner we turn  it on and dance in the dining room. It’s a nice transition between dinner and getting ready for bed and it helps the boys get their wiggles out. Milo absolutely loves it but Nolan gets so embarrassed! He’s not interested in dancing, but he will spin, run and slide all over the hardwood floor.




FAILING

14. Meet a blog friend. Leeann (from Join The Gossip) and I had plans to meet up while I was in Anaheim. She went above and beyond and drove up from LA for two hours in Friday night traffic. Unfortunately, because of the traffic, she was going to get to Downtown Disney a little too late for me. We had a 4:30am cab ride to the airport the next morning. Because we were so tired and I hurt my foot, I just couldn’t stay out that late. I know, I know. I’m totally lame and a horrible blog friend! She was so sweet to come all that way, but she insisted that her night wasn’t a total loss because she got to visit her parents instead. I still feel terrible. I should have just sucked it up!

15. Use our elliptical three times a week. I didn’t use it at all this month. In the beginning of the month, a few days before our trip to Disneyland, I felt like I pulled my right pec muscle rolling over in the middle of the night. It hurt to bend, twist, turn, pick up and hold my kids, etc. I got a strong anti-inflammatory and lots of Vicodin from my doctor, but she said it could take weeks to heal and to take it easy. It was pretty embarrassing holding my boobs down while riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland! I also hurt my foot at Disneyland and it just started feeling back to normal a few days ago.


NOT GONNA HAPPEN

52. Get AC installed. Our tax return wasn't as much as we were expecting. Jacob got a promotion last year and even though we got to claim a new baby, we still had to pay quite a bit. Boo! Unless I find a really good deal, we'll probably skip it this year. I'd much rather go on vacation this fall. Sure, I say that now and we'll probably have the hottest summer on record!

No comments:

Post a Comment