Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Cleaning: PIG TALES

With spring right around the corner, it's time to begin spring cleaning.  Don't you hate cleaning out closets?  But, it's so nice when it's finished.  To me, there's nothing better than a house that looks clean and has that Pine-sol smell.

Since the end of March is when I mark my first anniversary on TPT, I decided to do a little spring cleaning with some of my lessons.  In the next few weeks, I will be adding some lessons to my packets and sprucing them up.  If you purchased them earlier, you will be able to download the new and improved version for FREE!  Just like we are trained to be reflective teachers, I feel it is just as important to be reflective when writing curriculum.  I hope you enjoy my spring cleaning efforts.

Here's my first improved packet:


One of the things I added  was this science lesson.  Your students will list a pig's unique characteristics that helps it adapt to its environment.  Students can research this information on the computer if you want a tech connection.  Then they will use their inference skills to list other animals who have the same unique characteristics and how these characteristic help this animals.  This should lead to some interesting discussions.


I also added 5 writing prompts like this one:


For a text-to-text lesson:


This worksheet is used with the book Poppleton in Fall. I added this graphic, courtesy of The 3 A.M. teacher, to this lesson:


These are just a few of the changes, so if you already purchased this, go to your TPT downloads folder and download it again for FREE! 

Happy Spring!






No comments:

Post a Comment