Monday, September 12, 2011

Man Candy Monday - Jim Sturgess

I finally got to see One Day over Labor Day weekend. I've been wanting to since it came out but had conflicting schedules with my friend. I read the book about two months ago so everything was fresh in my mind. I noticed a few things that bothered me about the movie (I won’t say what unless you ask so I don’t give anything away), but I still liked it as a whole. I will say that Anne Hathaway bored me as usual. Why didn’t they get a British actress to play Emma? Anne’s accent was awful and I felt like she really overacted. Jim Sturgess on the other hand was adorable. I really liked the character of Dexter and I thought he played him well. I know other people have already declared Jim as their crush, and while I always thought he was great in Across the Universe, I wasn’t totally in love with him. Until now. Since this book/movie spans twenty years we saw Dexter as an adorable college graduate all the way to a man in his 40s with grey hair. And I liked him at every single age. He’s definitely on my radar now.










I saw three movies over Labor Day weekend! My husband picked 30 Minutes Or Less because he was in the mood for a comedy. It was terrible. There were a few funny parts, but mostly I was just annoyed and disgusted. Danny McBride always bothers me. Aziz Ansari yelled all the time. Nick Swardson was great. He always makes me laugh and he played the guy with the heart so it was a nice relief from Danny's character. Jesse Eisenberg was pretty good, but he has a few facial expressions and tics that totally reminded me of Kristen Stewart. It distracted me. Also, Michael Peña was awesome! Totally blew my mind and cracked me up. Then my sister and I saw Our Idiot Brother. It was a little slow, but enjoyable. I laughed outloud a few times and Paul Rudd was absolutely perfect. He's such a great actor and was competely endearing. The rest of the cast was great too, but he totally stole the show!


I'm linking up with Join The Gossip today!


No comments:

Post a Comment