Sunday, September 12, 2010

weekend reflection: 9/11





http://newtowndailyphoto.blogspot.com/


My take for this week is a reflection of a different kind.

9/11 or September 11th.
Where were you on that day?

As for me,
It was evening in Singapore.
I was watching TV.
Then came the news flash.
I saw the plane crash into tower 2.
I couldn't believe my eyes.
It was Reality TV.

We went to New York in 1992,
We went to the World Trade center,
We went up the tower.
We watched the rest of New York from high up.

And now, the towers are gone.
Who could have done such an evil thing?
That almost 3000 would perish.
And how many become bereaved?
I am a bereaved mum.
I cry for those mums at Ground Zero.

Why? We ask?
Is there any truth with the conspiracy theories?
Why would people spin such tales?
Why? Oh why?

No comments:

Post a Comment