Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What’s wrong with Jennifer?

This weekend I saw The Switch. While it wasn’t an amazing movie by any means, it wasn’t terrible. She was charming, the kid was adorable and who doesn’t love Jason Bateman? So why did it bomb, only making $8 million opening weekend? And how in the hell did Piranha 3-D beat it with $10 million?


Jennifer hasn’t had much luck with movies in a long time. I think I know why though. They have all sucked!



Her last big movie was Marley & Me, but it was based on a best selling book and her co-stars were a dog and Owen Wilson. Are those two the reason it did so well?


I really like her and wonder why she can’t pick better movies. I’m optimistic though. She has three new movies in the works. The first one, Just Go With It, is due out on Valentine’s Day. Jennifer plays a co-worker of Adam Sandler who pretends to be his wife so that he can get out of a serious relationship with a younger woman. Adam Sandler always brings in the viewers, so maybe this one will be a hit.

Then there’s Horrible Bosses, starring Jennifer along with Colin Farrell, Jason Bateman, Charlie Day, and Jamie Foxx. It’s about three employees who want to murder their bosses. I think she plays a mean boss, but I’m not sure. Could be interesting if it's a dark comedy.

And finally, she just signed on to play Paul Rudd’s wife in a movie he wrote and will be directing called Wanderlust. There isn’t much information about it yet, except that they are an urban couple who lose their money and decide to live a simpler life by joining a commune. Um, I don’t know about that. But Paul Rudd is pretty adorable and Judd Apatow is producing it, so there must be something there. Plus, she starred with Paul Rudd in one of my favorite movies of all time.


I just really hope she tries some different roles and takes a break from romantic comedies. Remember how great these two movies were?


The Good Girl is the entire reason I started my love affair with Jake Gyllenhaal!

No comments:

Post a Comment