Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Belize

There are lots of Places in Belize ( not small like the Pana area) and I'm sure TONS of info on it, I searched tons of info before I went. I went to Caye Caulker (the more expensive one) and Ambergis Caye, cool little spot and lots of cheap hotels. All have different trips out to the reef. I went on one party/scuba boat and one glass bottom. the trips out to the "big hole" are a couple hundred dollars because its quite far from the islands. If you'er wanting to out there, see which Island is the closest.. You'll land in Belize City, then taxi, then boat to the islands, which if its an open boat, is really windy, long ride. On the way back we got one with a cover, much better!! Unless you go at the peak season, there are places to stay that are not listed on Expedia or motels.com or anywhere..they are cheap (well.. were 3 years ago) and right on the beach. $25-45. (and of course more)...

As all those countries south, the beds are hard....the one in Caye Caulker was like a bed and breakfast (without the breakfast... ha ha), really nice upper room and could see both sides of the island, (its only about 1/4 - 1/2 mile wide anyway.) Golf carts for rent everywhere. We got a cheap flight from Caye Coulker into a lower part of Belize, went to the Zoo (not worth going) and then into Guatemala to the Tikal Ruins, bussed it and took vans when possible, then flew back to Ambergis Caye, I think, I can't remember exactly, man I swear, I'm getting Alzheimers!! I have a journal some where around here...

Sue Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment