Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My Christmas Tunes

Last Christmas I shared some of the oddest Christmas songs, the worst Christmas songs, and one of my favorite Christmas soundtracks. Now I’m going to share the rest of my essential Christmas CDs.

The Classics. For me Andy and Bing are the epitome of Christmas music. Elvis and Frank are a close second. I've been listening to these since I was a kid at my grandma's house and they are still my favorite Christmas albums.




Contemporary. I don't think you have to like or watch Glee to get on board with the Glee Christmas CDs. They are just fun covers of our old favorites. I also love the first volume of Now That's What I Call Christmas because disc one is filled with classic songs while disc two has fun, new Christmas tunes by pop artists like Britney Spears, Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney.



For the kids. I'm in love with the Disney Christmas Lullaby Album. I have quite a few holiday lullaby CDs, but this one is so calm and soothing and sweet it's the only we listen to at night. I introduced Nolan to the Chipmunks this year. I don't think he really understands the story or lyrics, but he loves their little voices.



From my childhood. If you were a prepubescent girl in 1990, you owned the New Kids On The Block Christmas CD cassette tape. Am I right? I still love it and I still listen to it every year. By the way, for a Christmas present one year, my mom let me call the NKOTB hotline. I stopped opening presents and immediately called to listen to their prerecorded voices. And as I mentioned before, the Home Alone Soundtracks are my favorite! It's one of my all-time favorite movies and the soundtracks are amazing whether you've seen it or not.



Not Christmassy at all. I listen to the RENT Soundtrack all year long, but especially at Christmas time. Since the majority of the musical takes place on Christmas Eve, there are a few mentions of Christmas. Besides, radio stations always play "Seasons of Love" at Christmastime so I guess this CD qualifies.  


Newest editions. These are the two albums I bought this year that are instant favorites. Michael's voice is perfect for classic Christmas songs. She & Him is fun and quirky when I'm in the mood for something different. I think it would be great to play at a Christmas party.



What are your favorite Christmas albums? I'm always looking for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment