Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Volunteer in Guatemala

We need to make a list of all the charities, nonprofits and NGO's in the Lake Atitlan area (and all over Guatemala, of course). Here's a very nice email I received today:


Hello,

I was looking for relief work organizations and places to volunteer in Guatemala (Antigua or near to) and I came across your blog page. It has been hard to find information on places to volunteer in Guatemala online, I'm wondering if you know of any that I can get into contact with. I am hoping to work with children in either a school or orphanage setting, but I am very open to new suggestions. Thank you for your help!

Happy day,

Kiah


My answer is that maybe Kiah could volunteer to help create the very list she is looking for! Plus it could be done anywhere in the world, and sent to me by internet. The Volunteer in Guatemala list could be posted on this blog, and on the wikispace Lake Atitlan Directory I am in the process of creating, and would be a wonderful thing for all concerned. I am so glad she wrote today. Maybe more people would like to help with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment