Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Man With The Yellow Hat

Nolan is obsessed with Curious George right now. He watches it every morning when he wakes up. I usually spend that 22 (sometimes 44) minutes of peace and quiet blogging, but sometimes I can’t resist curling up with him on the couch and watching in my early morning daze. It’s not half bad as far as preschool shows go. It’s calm and quiet and there is a lesson in every episode.

Plus, it’s got the man in the yellow hat. I know he’s just a cartoon, but that guy sure is a catch! First of all, he’s easy on the eyes. Tall and handsome with dark hair is just my type.


He’s got an amazing job. I think. They don’t actually say what he does for a living, but he spends a lot of time at the museum and in one episode he gets hired to design a museum in Paris. He’s always mingling with scientists and professors at dinner parties and giving speeches to crowds full of smarties. What I do know is that he’s loaded.


I can tell he’s got money because he lives in a spacious four bedroom high rise apartment with a balcony and doorman in The City (uptown Manhattan) very close to Endless (Central) Park, the museum and the zoo. That is some good real estate!


If that’s not enough, he also has a house in The Country (I’m guessing upstate NY or even Vermont or Maine). It’s located near a lake and river and is a short drive away from the ocean.


He loves to travel, read, cook, exercise, ski, shop (he is always going to the store), he’s neat and organized, he’s well-liked by all of his neighbors and friends and drives a convertible.


Of course he has some flaws. I mean, he wears yellow head to toe. It’s not a great color, but he somehow manages to pull it off. And his best friend is a monkey. But he’s always involved and playing with George. He takes him on trips and teaches him things. I think that shows good father potential. But maybe he’s not available? I kinda think he’s having a secret affair with Professor Wiseman. He buys her birthday presents, cooks for her and is always helping her out in a bind.


So yeah, I'm crushing on a cartoon.
Um. I think I need more interaction with adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment